Milestone 1: NTP Client
Implement an NTP client for Linux aiming for ~1ms precision.
- Direct network interface
- Measurement analysis and processing
- Clock adjustment (POSIX)
- Initial client/server connection state management
- Initial configuration & status interface
- Extended testing & test infrastructure
- Support Let’s Encrypt in transition to the new NTP implementation
Status: Complete Cost: $138,000
Milestone 2: NTP Server
Implement server-side functionality.
- Complete client/server connection state management
- Extend configuration & status interface
- Additional testing and documentation
Status: Complete Cost: $48,000
Milestone 3: Network Time Security (NTS) Support
Add support for Network Time Security (NTS) to both the server and client.
- NTS client
- NTS-KE client
- NNTS Extension fields
- NNTS Cookie management
- NTS Server
- Master key management library
- NTS-KE server
- Additional configuration
- Additional testing
- Additional documentation
Status: Complete Cost: $93,600
Milestone 4: Third Party Audit
A third party security audit will be performed by Radically Open Security.
Status: Complete Cost: Funded by NLNet Foundation